ZPG Halloween Update Changelog v0.2.2810 - 2015/10/29
- School now decorated for Halloween! Go smash some pumpkins!
- Completely redone network code for coop - connections should be faster, more stable and hassle-free
- Added smoothing for remote clients so that movement is less jerky in coop
- Game now handles disconnection/reconnection better
- Game will switch host if the host disconnects during a game or in the lobby
- Mouse sensitivity is now adjustable under the Options menu
- Added new pets to the game, including some themed for Halloween
- Janitor boss fixes and animation updates; should be functioning much better now
- Environment adjustments to improve broken collisions
- Numerous graphical updates/fixes
- Added tons of new assets
- Added item unlocking with XP
- Tons of audio fixes to reduce load times and make exiting the game much faster
- Updated navigation arrow - now 3d, hopefully more useful
- Added a Mission Start countdown to improve entering the game
- Updates to particle effects for weapons
- A bunch of UI fixes and updates
- Fixed a bunch of crash bugs
- Fixed a bug where players would enter multiplayer with multiple characters
- Added pets tab
Unity Game Engine has a bug that does not allow dynamic shadows on any lights except directional. (so no realtime shadows inside the school in this build)
Missions don’t always synchronize properly for players in coop
There are positions that players can exploit to kill zombies without danger of getting hurt
There are still some AI issues with the boss
Camera clipping through walls/ceiling
Memory leak crash to desktop
Mouse pointer pops up in-game (tapping ESC twice is temporary fix)
Visual bug with bullets if the player’s back is too close to a wall
Character shader does not display properly on Macs with Intel integrated graphics (should work fine on dedicated graphics chips)
-----Please Give Us Feedback/Bug Reports On:
Feel of Combat
Control scheme (can be customized in Options)
Is it too slow? Too fast? What would you change and how?
Too easy? Too hard? Do zombies deal too much damage? Too little?
If you could change one thing to make combat feel better, what would it be?
How is the new networking solution?
How is the FOV?
Is there anything we should change on the HUD?
What do you think of the menu navigation UI?
Are there any elements that are unclear or confusing, and how could we make them better for you?
-----Network Functionality: is it working? what problems are you having? how are you encountering them?
How does the new networking solution work for you?
Brief Explanation of Issue
Where You Encountered It
How It Happened / Conditions (how many players/zombies/equipped weapon/location/were you using a skill?/etc.)
Can you make it happen again?
Please test disconnecting as both the host and client during a mission to see if anything goes wrong - if it does, let us know!
Saving your log file immediately after your networking issue or crash is very helpful to us. You have to save it before playing another game or it will get rewritten. You can find the file here:
-----Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!